I love this, Mrs. Laura! What a beautiful reminder to have the verse hanging on the wall, and then the other items you have displayed around it fit well with the verse and lend such a homey feel. I recognize several items (we have an antique wooden planer as well!), and is that a wooden square? Judging by this photo, I think our families have similar decorating tastes. :)
I just knew that you would like some of the items on our mantel in the kitchen! You are correct, that is a wooden square. In front of the wooden planer is an old wooden carpenter's scribe that came from my husband's grandfather's shop. Carpenters used these to measure and mark a groove for cutting on a piece of wood. The item on the left we believe is an antique bowling pin. It was given to my husband by his aunt Mary when he was just a lad. It came from her mother's house...so we know that it is probably about 150 years old. We do love old things...especially if they came from a family member or a dear friend.
I generally don't just post a picture, but today, the boys were bringing in wood for the woodstove and I was tidying up the kitchen, and that verse just seem to say it all. The boys have been such a blessing this week...keeping the house running smoothly while we have been out and about.
By the way, I found that picture in a thrift shop several years ago...another great deal!
Dear Maria, So nice to hear from you. Thank you for your sweet comment and I hope this chilly evening finds you all tucked warmly into your little cottage. Blessings, Laura
Well, you were right, Mrs. Laura, I did like it! :) And thank you for answering my question, and for sharing about many of the items . . . I enjoyed reading about them! How nice that you have so many of these ‘treasures’ passed down to you from family.
By the way, I made the chicken and rice soup the other evening and our family loved it! I did end up adding a couple of other herbs and spices that I know my family likes, too, and the recipe is definitely a ‘keeper.’ :) Thank you so much for sharing!
So glad that you enjoyed the recipe, Miss Sarah, seems like I frequently have a soup cooking on the woodstove! It would have been a good choice for this evening...we are getting lots of rain and wind right now. We heard that you had quite a bit of snow in Missouri. Most of our snow has been washed away with this rain. My husband is getting out the lanterns...just in case we lose the power.
Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!
I love this, Mrs. Laura! What a beautiful reminder to have the verse hanging on the wall, and then the other items you have displayed around it fit well with the verse and lend such a homey feel. I recognize several items (we have an antique wooden planer as well!), and is that a wooden square? Judging by this photo, I think our families have similar decorating tastes. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteM.
Dear Miss Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI just knew that you would like some of the items on our mantel in the kitchen! You are correct, that is a wooden square. In front of the wooden planer is an old wooden carpenter's scribe that came from my husband's grandfather's shop. Carpenters used these to measure and mark a groove for cutting on a piece of wood. The item on the left we believe is an antique bowling pin. It was given to my husband by his aunt Mary when he was just a lad. It came from her mother's house...so we know that it is probably about 150 years old. We do love old things...especially if they came from a family member or a dear friend.
I generally don't just post a picture, but today, the boys were bringing in wood for the woodstove and I was tidying up the kitchen, and that verse just seem to say it all. The boys have been such a blessing this week...keeping the house running smoothly while we have been out and about.
By the way, I found that picture in a thrift shop several years ago...another great deal!
Have a blessed evening,
Mrs. Laura
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you. Thank you for your sweet comment and I hope this chilly evening finds you all tucked warmly into your little cottage.
Blessings,
Laura
Laura, what a pretty corner of your home! I love the photo.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Christine
Dear Christine,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you! Thank you for the lovely comment.
I hope that you and your family have a blessed evening.
Laura
Beautiful reminder! ;o)
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you, Nabila Grace, and thank you for that lovely comment. Hope you all have a blessed day tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWell, you were right, Mrs. Laura, I did like it! :) And thank you for answering my question, and for sharing about many of the items . . . I enjoyed reading about them! How nice that you have so many of these ‘treasures’ passed down to you from family.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I made the chicken and rice soup the other evening and our family loved it! I did end up adding a couple of other herbs and spices that I know my family likes, too, and the recipe is definitely a ‘keeper.’ :) Thank you so much for sharing!
So glad that you enjoyed the recipe, Miss Sarah, seems like I frequently have a soup cooking on the woodstove! It would have been a good choice for this evening...we are getting lots of rain and wind right now. We heard that you had quite a bit of snow in Missouri. Most of our snow has been washed away with this rain. My husband is getting out the lanterns...just in case we lose the power.
ReplyDeleteStay warm!
Mrs. Laura