Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Food, Fun, Fellowship...The Church?


We spent a most enjoyable afternoon...
With a most amazing family.

A young husband and wife missionary team
and their 5 beautiful little girls
came to visit us...
Along with a lovely young lady
who is currently staying with them.

This family is "home" for a short time
in anticipation of the birth of twins...
They were recently sharing the gospel in Kansas.

The young lady living with them now
is helping out with the children
She has never been to Maine before...
since Kansas is her home.

We enjoyed a most wonderful afternoon...
The little girls played with legos
and our chickens!
The men gathered around the kitchen table
studying the scriptures...
The ladies sat together in the living room
watching the little ones
 and talking about homeschooling,
and children, and recipes,
and visiting the elderly...
And many more things of the Lord...

As they drove away
Promising to return soon
I couldn't help but smile
and wonder if
this isn't exactly what Jesus had in mind
when He told His church
To gather together...

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,
as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another: and so much the more,
as ye see the day approaching.

Hebrews 10:25

For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there am I in the midst of them.

Matthew 18:20

5 comments:

  1. I am assuming this is the Humes' Family?? I knew they were expecting, but didn't know it was twins. How wonderful. They are such a lovely family. We got to know them last summer. I am glad you were able to spend time with them and Sara Grace. Hope you are having wonderful time this week.
    The girls stacked fire wood for us today...getting ready to turn that wood stove on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Laura,

    What a blessed time of fellowship you were given.

    How wonderful that they were able to attend and enjoy themselves with your family.

    Wow, twins!!! I always marvel in how the Lord shows His sense of humor to us by making us double :-)

    Thank you for your lovely comments over by the cottage. I will be returning to our humble church...but right now My Lord is teaching me to be content with only Him!

    In His Grace,

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mandy,

    Yes, it was the Humes...and they are such a wonderful family. I believe that the men are going to continue to meet, perhaps weekly, to study the scriptures, so I'm hoping to spend more time with the "girls", maybe even getting some sewing or crafting time together! We enjoyed our time with Sara Grace as well, she is a lovely young lady and so committed to our Lord.

    We've had the stove going most mornings this week...there's been a little nip in the air...although the afternoons have been warmer.We may have to come pick up the girls for a wood stacking party! Preston figures that we've got about 8 to 10 cord from the pile we just split...and this last storm just took down two big trees which will need to be cut up and split as well. Of course, although we kid about the work, we are very thankful for the "free" heat. We also share with my parents as well, as they have two woodstoves at their place, one in my dad's shop and one in the family room.

    Hope you are all well and getting back into your family routine after your big trip!
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin mentioned their visit, I thank the Lord for putting you all together, and thank Him especially for the blessing of twins! SaraGrace is a precious young lady, it was hard to leave her (twice now) but in very loving and capable hands. She continues to grow so much in the Lord's grace, and we look forward to meeting the latest Humes children soon. I hope you get lots more time to spend with the family, they have been a source of constant blessing and encouragement in the Lord's work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Folks,
    We, too, have enjoyed our continued fellowship with the Humes and SaraGrace...it is always a blessing to spend time with the family of God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...