Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Homeschooling 101...

An 87 year old man and a 15 year old boy sitting on the porch swing...

Enjoying a tuna sandwich and a cold glass of ice tea...

Watching the lobster boats pass by...


Today, they have worked on a motor...


And talked about old cars...





Cleaned up the "shop"...



And shared some corny jokes...





Built a new chicken pen...


And reminisced about the "good old days"...










Around here...we call this homeschooling 101.


Teaching children to count is fine...
but teaching them what counts is better
.
taken from "Amish Proverbs"

"Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers." Proverbs 17:6

5 comments:

  1. Hi Laura ~ So heartwarming! So special for both...love the picture as they are chatting on the porch swing! Life is so good! Simple blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that! This is going to be my approach to homeschooling my son this fall. Trying to apply the basics to what will "click" with him! :o) I like your new background! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! There is nothing like learning from doing instead of just books.

    I sure do like your new "look".

    blessings,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is real education! Home educating is real life. Isn't it nice!
    I also like you new background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Friends,
    I so look forward to your comments...and your words of encouragement. We love educating at home...and feel so blessed that we are able to do this. The time that my sons have had with their grandparents is a precious gift...and we treasure every day with them.

    Blessings and love to you and your families,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...