Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Family of God

I'm so glad I'm a part...of the family of God;
I've been washed in the fountain,
Cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,

For I'm part of the family...The family of God.



My oldest son and I had the sweet privilege of spending this past weekend with a wonderful "family of God". Though we were, for the most part, strangers, from the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home. The food was incredible...the fellowship was uplifting. It was truly inspiring to be with a family where the parents lived God's Word as Truth. The evidence was overwhelming...in the upbringing of their children, in their conversation, in their worship. The blessings we received from our brief time with these very special folks...will remain with us throughout eternity.

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."
Colossians 3:17

10 comments:

  1. It is always so comforting to be around others that love Our Lord!

    I am glad that you were blessed by your visit :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maria,
    They are truly an amazing family. Though we had only just met in person...both my son and I felt as if we had known them all our lives. God is so amazing...how he brings us together for His purpose and glory.
    Thanks for your wonderful comments!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura. Thank you so much for visiting and for your kind comment. It is a delight to meet you. Your blog is so welcoming.
    I love it that our faith brings a special bond even when we are strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda,
    How true. We can sometimes feel instantly closer to fellow believers that we've just met than perhaps family and friends that we've known for years! Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for always stopping by and leaving me such sweet comments. So glad we found each other and are blogging friends...and sisters in Christ!!!
    In His Love...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Deb,
    You are too sweet...thank you for always being such an encouragement to everyone!
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura ~ Such a blessing that you and your son had over the weekend! You share such inspiration and I am so thankful for your "little space" and always look forward to your postings! Simple blessings ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really was a terrific weekend with an amazing family. I'm so thankful that Nathanael and I became friends. They really made us both feel at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Wiley, It was absolutely wonderful meeting y'all. Somehow it seemed like the weekend was too short!!! =) It's always a real blessing to meet others that we have a common bond with - the Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Miss Lydia,
    I can hardly believe that a week has almost passed since we visited! We had such a nice time...I wished that I had had more time with you girls to talk "crafting" and "sewing"! How is your doily coming? I'll bet you've already finished it. I really do hope to get to learn how to "tat" soon...I just love how delicate it is.
    Give my best to your family...
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...