I saw the first signs of fall around here yesterday...bright orange pumpkins and baskets of juicy red apples. There are so many things that I love about the fall...I usually look forward to the next season...here in Maine the seasons are so different...each one has its own unique characteristics...and there is never enough time to get "too used to" one season before another one starts...

I know that autumn is quickly upon us because we are starting to collect seeds for next year...
Seems like lately though...I've been hearing a lot of talk about summer passing too quickly...and not being able to accomplish all that was planned...and winter being here before we know it...
I read some wonderful words of wisdom somewhere recently (Sorry, don't recall where...or I'd give credit!)...
Disappointments are like weeds in the garden...you can let them grow...and they will take over your whole life...or you can yank them out...and let the flowers bloom...
It is so difficult sometimes not to be disappointed when things don't "go our way"...when we plan and pray for something...and it just doesn't come to pass...
In times like these I try to remind myself that this is where faith comes in...
That God is bigger...and He has a perfect plan...even if I don't...
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end..." Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 11
I love all that you have shared...this is a favorite Bible verse of mine! The quote that you shared is so very true! Sweet and simple blessings for your day!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you my dear! Just what I needed to hear this morning! My husband has just gone back to school today so another chapter of our lives is beginning and changing! :o)
ReplyDeleteI love this and I always think when there's a problem that I think is too huge that God is even BIGGER THAN THAT! What a great post this way and I'm glad you share that ~ ♥
ReplyDeleteDear Laura,
ReplyDeleteWe tend to focus so much on how fast the season is passing, that we don't enjoy the season we are living right now!
I enjoy fall, a great deal. It is my favorite time of year. I so look forward to the apples and the pears and the pumpkins. The air being a bit cooler and the turning of the leaves.
Thank you for sharing your apples, here the apple season is just beginning...I can not wait :)
Blessings dear friend,
Maria
Laura,
ReplyDeleteI just love the fall season also...picking apples and pears, making sauce, putting up pumpkins, taking walks, back to school lessons. But I do like my summer too--watermelon. As I look at the seasons... by the end of one season, I am getting excited about for the next to arrive. Its seems that we do this all too often in life...we are ready for the next thing to change or happen without really enjoying where we are right now. You did a post a few weeks back when you said "It is days such as these that remind me how very precious each and every moment is. How very important it is to not live our lives in fear and uncertainty...afraid to take chances...or wait too long...because we might fail..." I have mentioned this to my family numerous times since. There are so many times that we put things off because of uncertainty, when we really should just plunge right in and do them. Live today, because we do not know what tomorrow may bring.
Also I just listened to a message just today about not letting disappointments and frustrations get the best of you. God is a big God and still in control. The things we can not control are perfectly control by the Creator of all. We can smile just knowing He still is in control.
You're thoughts are a real inspiration!! Thanks for posting.
Dearest Friends,
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea how much your comments encourage me...you remind me that God is working in the hearts of his people.
Teri...whenever I see your name...I just know that I am in for a smile...you are such a light to all you come in contact with.
Nabila Grace...I just love to read what is happening in your world...I'm so excited for your family...that your husband has returned to school...all the posts about your little ones...you are so sweet.
Maria...I love to visit your "little cottage". I just know that we would have the best time sitting on the porch with a cup of tea...watching God at work around us. You brighten my day whenever you come to call.
Beth...your blog always puts a smile on my face...you are so real! Sharing all the everyday "bits and pieces" that life throws at us...it helps me know that we are never walking this road alone!
Mandy...it has been a joy to get to know you and your family. You blessed us so when you opened your home to us...true hospitality.
Love and blessings to you all, dear hearts!
Laura