Friday, July 16, 2010

Hey, Little Boy Blue...

I thought it was written..."the cow's in the corn"...








Not the CAT!!!







Actually, neither one should be in the corn, for that matter. So, when I caught a glimpse of "kitty" taking her afternoon nap in the middle of my corn field, while I was hard at work weeding the rest of the garden, I began to ponder the times when I have perhaps been "where I shouldn't be."

Now, mind you, these places weren't inappropriate in and of themselves...but perhaps, just perhaps, they were places where I did not belong. It was not my place to be there.

Imagine, for example, giving advice to someone about their lives or what they should be doing, when it really was none of my concern...or when I really didn't know all the circumstances involved. Even though I may have believed that I was helping...telling them "for their own good"...because I thought that I knew what was best.

Wouldn't it have been better, to just turn the whole situation over to the Lord...for I know that He is more than capable.

Just a thought while in the garden...

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" Matthew 7:3

5 comments:

  1. Good post mom. Remember to everything there is a season (Ecclesiastes 3). If we trust in God He will show us where we need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful analogy!

    I also tend to over-step by bounds when giving advice and going where I should not be :(

    Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely said , I like it how you always know how to include a scripture in your post ,and your sons comment ,like mother like son. bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura ~
    I am most likely to say something when I shouldn't ~ hence my foot shaped mouth! I am so glad God is patient with me! I do hope to learn this lesson eventually!

    I can't wait for your pattern to come also! Please show pictures when you start working on the little layette! I know it will be so darling!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...