Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Bag Full of Cheer!

One of my sons has a sweet little friend
who has been feeling "under the weather"
for about a week now...

Today, he went shopping
and came home with a bag full of items
that he hoped would make her feel better.


Of course,
he needed something special
to put it all in...

So...
Out came my "stash"
and I put together this little lunch bag.


Spending an afternoon sewing
was so therapeutic...
I just couldn't stop...


So, I added this little napkin...


And a tissue holder
for her sniffles!


It was fun making this bag
in a "chevron" style...
I got the basic pattern from this
great "Jane of All Trades" tutorial...
Then added my own little twist.

Sure hope this does the trick!
Get well soon, sweetie!


"A joyful heart is good medicine..."
Proverbs 17:22

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely and sweet care package! I love the little tissue holder, that is such a clever idea.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I love the little tissues holders, too...they make wonderful little gifts to share...especially with someone not feeling well!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. You are SO talented, Laura! Is there anything you can't do????
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind...Kathy...thank you for the sweet compliment.

      Sweet blessings, dear friend,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful gift the two of you have made! I'm sure your son's friend will feel cared for and blessed.

    So good of you to stop by Harvest Lane Cottage, do come again!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Laura...we did have such fun putting it together...and his friend really appreciated the thought! I did so enjoy visiting your cottage...I will be back soon!

      God bless you,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Oh Laura, what fun :-) Your son's friend is going to be delighted when he or she receives the bag filled with goodies... You are quite talented my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Maria! So nice to have you stop by...as always. This was a fun project to make... and a great way to use up some of my material!

      With love,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. You are such a nice Mom.. What a lovely package.. [I just know that bag would CHEER me up.]ha.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it did the trick, Judy...she's feeling much better now! :)
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. How very thoughtful of your son and you - I am sure the young lady was richly blessed :) The tissue holder is so cute and the fabric you used is simply lovely. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...