Friday, October 8, 2010

I Am So Sorry...



While working in the greenhouse this morning..

The Lord laid it on my heart...

To simply say...
That I am sorry...
And to ask for forgiveness.

In sharing what God has put on my heart...
I believe that unknowingly...
I may have offended someone.

We must be so careful with our words...
For they can be so easily misconstrued.
It was never my intention
To make anyone upset
With something I've written.

I only live to glorify Him...
And to share with others what He lays on my heart.

And so my heart is heavy...
That I may have hurt someone's feelings...

And I am truly sorry.


For in many things we offend all.
If any man offend not in word,
the same is a perfect man,
and able also to bridle the whole body.
James 3:2

10 comments:

  1. Dear Sweet Laura...you are always so sweet and so kind in your words. I am not sure who or how you have hurt someone...but you have said that you are sorry and have asked forgiveness. I am sure that whomever and whatever you have done to offend will forgive you! On a lighter note...I love your greenhouse...such a nice size and such an asset to your homestead! Sweet and simple weekend blessings to you and your family!
    ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had to pull the foot out of my mouth on more than one occasion. I'm sure who ever it is you feel you have offended will surely pass you forgiveness. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,

    Unfortunately, when we share our thoughts, we will, without our knowledge, hurt someone else. Yes, that has happened to me also. But you have asked forgiveness and that is all that is required of you.

    Do not continue to think about it or dwell on it...because if you, then you will never share yourself again and that, I know, is not what Our Lord wants.

    When we open ourselves to others, we run the risk of our words being misinterpreted or taken the wrong way.

    On a different vein, your greenhouse is just wonderful. What a blessing it is to have a place where you can grow vegetables in the winter :-)

    Blessings to you dear friend,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Maria, Laura, just trust that the Lord was in control here. It's our responsibility to share what God has put on our hearts and as Elisabeth Elliot says, Do what you know is right and leave the results to God. The bible doesn't say that you will never offend anyone. In fact the truths of God's word as they work out in our hearts will certainly offend someone if they are truth. The fear of man is a snare. Don't be afraid to share what blesses us all so much!

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your very sweet note!
    I am honored that you enjoyed visiting my site.
    I love your site, too! It looks like we have a lot in common. :-)
    It is always so nice to know other kindred spirits and your note to me this morning was a blessing!
    God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all such a blessing to me...thank you.
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have discovered if someone asks for your honest opinion on something that they have made. (blogs). Its best to say nothing if you can't find something, anything flattering to say. If its face to face. I will lie and say its nice. Or look for anything nice, like good stitching, structure and stay silent on the orange and purple mixed with mustard and lime fabric glaring me in the face! lol It's so hard not to offend. Even harder on blog comments as the recipient may live in a different culture and take what you say the wrong way.

    Hope I haven't offended! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The advent of the internet is a blessing, but does come with a cost. As hard as we try, some of those we hold so dear have been offended, for being left out, or even misspelling a name. It is a humbling feeling to know that we have such power with our words, to hurt or to encourage. I pray that the Lord will continually change my writing and my heart to reflect His love and grace, I so often fail at that. We all probably ought to say we are sorry much more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Antmee,
    You certainly haven't offended...and I know for myself that the Lord has often instructed me through His Word to only speak if it is edifying! Thanks so much for your comment!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mark and Sara,
    I only know that whenever I am prompted by the Lord to do something it grieves my spirit until I do it. Words are such weapons...and they can hurt deeply. Sometimes silence is the best approach...along with prayer and repentance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...