Yes, it is true what the old fishermen say about the weather in Maine...if you don't like it, just wait 10 minutes! It is amazing how quickly the weather can change in this little seacoast town. My husband assures me that it has something to do with the ocean and the tides and the winds. All I know is that one day can be bright and sunny and hot, and the next we are breaking out the mittens and hats again. Such was the weather this week. Yesterday I had to water twice in my greenhouse and have both the window and door open for ventilation. The day was so beautiful...I even contemplated planting the seed potatoes.
This morning we woke up to a cold, windy, rainy day. It was even too cold to let the hens outside. The radio said that parts of Maine would be receiving several inches of snow. Go figure.
To be honest,I actually do enjoy the fact that Midcoast Maine weather is so unpredictable and constantly changing. You see, on sunny days I love to be out in the garden or the greenhouse. I love the smell of clothes fresh from the clothesline. I love to watch the "ladies" scurry around the yard looking for bugs to eat.
I am equally content to put the teapot on the woodstove and work
on lessons with Samuel, or knit, or sew, or cook, or take a few moments and relax, curl up by the fire and read. Most days, I feel truly blessed with whatever kind of weather comes my way.
However, although I enjoy living in a place where the weather changes from day to day(and sometimes from hour to hour!), I am always content in knowing that our Savior is unchanging. I rest in the assurance that He is always the same...from everlasting to everlasting.
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17
Though I may be tossed and turned with the winds and the tide, His Word remains stable and secure. A lighthouse...guiding my way.



The weather here in Maine is definately unpredictable. It was actually snowing for a few minutes this morning when I was doing some yardwork at a property right on the coast.
ReplyDeleteBy the way...I love that picture of the chickens (wait a minute...I think I took that picture!).
Dear Josh,
ReplyDeleteYes, I believe you did take that picture! What a crazy weather day this was...snow, sun, snow, sun...Gramp just informed me that Aunt Nancy got 16 inches in Vermont. Now that's unpredictable!
Love,
Mom
I loved this post! The same thing is said about the weather in Missouri!
ReplyDeleteI'm dreaming of a white winter...still. We're expecting ice over the weekend. That's not the kind of white I want. I'll be inventorying our cupboards to make sure we have enough soup supplies, then I'll make sure we have plenty of water in case the well stops if we lose electricity. Fun stuff. Thank the Lord we have a wood stove.
I enjoyed reading about your days. Your joy shines through. I am inspired to choose joy today whatever it brings.
I enjoyed coming back and reading your first post. God bless you!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Wow, Laura...it was such a long time ago that I wrote this! Samuel is now married...and I am a grandmother! Time goes much too quickly! Thank you so much for your sweet comments...hope you have a lovely day!
DeleteWith love,
Laura